About King George V Playing Field
Guisborough’s “KGV” is part of a nationwide family. It was Dedicated and Approved in 1954 as a King George V Memorial Field “for permanent preservation”, for outdoor recreation and public benefit. It provides playing fields, children’s play areas, and is home to Guisborough’s Football, Tennis, and Bowls Clubs, and the town’s Swimming Pool. There is also a secluded area of approximately 2.5 ha, formerly used as a Pitch’n’Putt. This is now being developed as a nature area grown up into a wild area of rough meadow, scrub, and scattered woodland.
About the Friends of King George V Playing Field
The Friends of KGV Playing Fields work in partnership in order to promote and further, for the public benefit, the preservation, conservation, care and improvement of King George V Memorial Fields, Guisborough. The group are supported by, and work in partnership with, local organisations and other groups including the local Parish Council, Redcar and Cleveland Borough Council, local schools, Tees Valley Wildlife Trust and Groundwork. The group are leading the development of the old Pitch ‘n’ Putt into a nature area for local people and schools to enjoy seeing wildlife.
King George V Playing Fields,
Via facebook or emailing the group secretary, Quita Owen
Visit Facebook Page